The Twitter Blanket Drive (TBD) was started with one little tweet in 2010 galvanising the SA Twitter community into action and asking them to donate to the needy. Elizabeth Moore was at Spiga on Friday as some of the Sharks rugby players did their bit for this cause.
The world’s in a bit of a tizzy because on November 11 the calendar will read, the 11th day of the 11th month of 2011 . . . 11.11.11. And apparently it’s a numerology scenario that can only happen once ever 100 years.
South African rugby fans may be surprised that sectors of the French public have laid the blame for defeat to the All Blacks in the World Cup final squarely at the feet of SA referee Craig Joubert.
CEO of the Durban Chamber of Commerce, Andrew Layman, tells how the Chamber is moving with the times and embracing social media solutions.
When you need some good life advice, who do you turn to? To your trusted “auntie”, of course. Garth Johnstone chatted to Evita Bezuidenhout about her new project, Evita’s BlackBessie.
Raising children in the internet era presents a multitude of tough new challenges, writes Sihle Mthembu.
Anyone who watched President Zuma’s State of the Nation speech yesterday will not have missed Zuma’s “hipness” to the growing impact of social media.
A recent blog on the BBC site posed the question, ‘Should parents friend their children on Facebook?”. What are your thoughts?
Firebrand ANC Youth League leader Julius Malema is today the toast of Twitter, as users responded to “Juju Friday”.
A KZN version of the controversial PigSpotter is now tweeting about traffic and speed trapping issues in the province.
Latest Issue - Issue 73
- Durban North earth tremor? October 5, 2010
- Diwali, Guy Fawkes alert November 4, 2010
- Video: Bluff ‘tornado’ February 1, 2011
- The cat’s meooow! August 10, 2010
- Brilliant Turnout For The Sandy Run August 11, 2014
- Zulu heaven August 6, 2014
- Timeless luxury August 6, 2014
- Well blended August 6, 2014
- Kevin Sprong: My dad, who was not religious man, played poker w...
- Jenny Currie: The launch and opening of Natal Fertlity Clinic wa...
- Lindy-Lou Alexander: Having experienced how both agencies complimented ...
- Lindy-Lou Alexander: This is a great partnership! Having experienced ho...
- Send us your Report
- Upload Images
- Upload Videos
Warthog beats up lion
Follow @theridgemag on Twitter